SEATTLE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION RANGE RULES
- 200 yard range open only to Members
- Ranges open only as noted on the calendar page.
- Scheduled target matches and maintenance activities take priority over general member/guest use of the ranges.
During cease fire periods, empty chamber indicators must be installed in all firearms on the firing line and in the racks.
ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Ear protection is required.
Eye protection is highly recommended.
Actions shall not be loaded and closed until the muzzle is pointed at the target backstop berms.
Shoot only RSO-approved targets on approved target stands. Cans, bottles, rocks, wood, exploding targets, man-shaped silhouettes or pictures are prohibited.
Only one firearm is permitted on the firing line at a time.
Load ammunition into the firearm only at the firing line.
- All firearms will be flagged if the firearm is left on the line and not racked or cased. Chamber flags are available during all competitions for $3.00 each.
1. Rapid fire is prohibited (minimum 2 seconds between shots), except in competition or with RSO approval.
2. 50BMG firearms are prohibited.
3. Full automatic or simulated autofire are prohibited.
4. Shotguns are prohibited on the pistol range. Slugs are permitted on the rifle range.
5. Rifle ammunition is prohibited on the pistol range unless approved by a Range Safety Officer.
6. Obstacle course type pistol or quick draw shooting is prohibited.
7. Smoking is prohibited on the property.
8. Alcoholic beverages and drugs are prohibited on the property.
9. Cross-bows are prohibited on the archery range. They are permitted on the rifle range.
Members shall wear their club badges when on the range. The only time this requirement does not apply is during organized events or during work party activities.
Members are responsible for their guests, with a maximum of three persons on any one visit.
Range hours are 9:30am to 7pm or 1 hour before sunset, whichever is earlier, unless special hours are posted at the gate.
Clean up brass, trash, etc. when your shooting session is finished.
Your membership or guest privileges may be terminated for violations of any of the above rules and any common sense safety rules, whether posted or not.
Edition: February, 2016